Police Hunt For Suspect Or Suspects After Targeted Attack At Child’s Birthday Party
Sunday, November 30, 2025, 3:00 P.M. ET. 3 Minute Read, By Jennifer Hodges & Art Fletcher: Englebrook Independent News,
STOCKTON, CA.- Police across San Joaquin County continued their urgent search Sunday for the suspect responsible for a horrific early-evening mass shooting that shattered a family celebration and left four people dead, including three children, and eleven others injured. The attack took place Saturday, November 29, 2025, at approximately 6:45 p.m., during a child’s birthday party at a rented banquet hall in northeast Stockton.
Authorities say the gunman opened fire on attendees gathered for what was meant to be a peaceful family event. Investigators believe the shooting was targeted, though they have not disclosed the nature of the suspected motive or the identity of potential intended victims.
Victims ranged in age from young children to adults, according to preliminary information released by the Stockton Police Department (SPD). At least four were pronounced dead at the scene, ages eight, nine, eleven, and twenty-one, while eleven others suffered injuries varying from minor to critical. Several victims remain hospitalized at local trauma centers.
A Chaotic Scene at A Family Celebration;
Witnesses described moments of confusion and terror as gunfire erupted without warning.
Parents reportedly shielded children and attempted to retreat to storage areas and hall exits as bullets penetrated walls and glass. One relative who spoke briefly with local media said the party had just begun singing before the attack began.
SPD officers arrived within minutes, but the shooter had already fled. Police said multiple shell casings were found across the banquet hall, suggesting at least one semiautomatic weapon was used. Detectives are reviewing surveillance footage from surrounding businesses and residential cameras.
Investigators Working Through The Night;
Police Chief Stanley McFadden stated late Saturday that “all resources are being deployed” to locate those responsible. Local, state, and federal agencies, including the San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Office and the FBI’s Sacramento Field Office, are assisting in the investigation.
Stockton Mayor Christina Fugazi called the shooting “an attack on our entire community” and urged residents to provide any video, information, or tips that might help detectives identify the assailant.
SPD has not yet released the names of the victims. Officials emphasized that while the shooting appears targeted, there is no confirmed ongoing threat to the general public, though patrols have been increased throughout the city.
A Community Again Confronts Violence;
The incident marks one of the deadliest mass shootings in Stockton in recent years, a city already grappling with elevated levels of violent crime. Community advocates on Sunday called for expanded youth programs, gang-prevention efforts, and more coordinated crime-reduction strategies.
Faith leaders have scheduled a vigil for 3:00 p.m. local time on Sunday, and several local groups have launched fundraising efforts to support the victims’ families.
Police Ask For Assistance;
Authorities urge anyone with information to contact the Stockton Police Department’s Investigations Unit or submit anonymous tips through Stockton Crime Stoppers.
“This was a deliberate act of violence,” Chief Stanley McFadden said. “We will not rest until we bring those responsible to justice.”
“This is a developing story. More information may become available as we receive it and confirm the information.”
Editor’s Note:
This report is based on official statements from the Stockton Police Department, local emergency services, press briefings from city officials, and eyewitness accounts provided to regional media outlets on November 29–30, 2025. Englebrook Independent News adheres strictly to fact-based, evidence-supported reporting in accordance with our editorial charter.




